Hemp Farm, Kiwi Hemp Hearts, 200g
Hemp hearts are one of nature’s most nutrient dense seeds, with the shell removed. They can be used to supplement your dietary requirements or to incorporate more sustainable protein sources into your diet.
Hemp hearts are considered a complete protein. Including all essential amino acids that your body is unable to produce on its own, so we must obtain these from our diet. Amino acids are the building blocks for all protein in our bodies, and since hemp hearts are easily digested, you will get the maximum absorption for your body to utilize.
If you are already gearing up to toss this nutrient-dense whole food into your salad or post-workout smoothie, absolutely go for it – you can expect a creamy texture and nutty taste that tastes great in practically everything.
Hemp hearts taste a little like pine nuts.
Why choose Kiwi Hemp Hearts:
- Kiwi Hemp Hearts are 100% grown in New Zealand by our very own Hemp farmers, harvested and deshelled, fresh from farm to table.
Kiwi Hemp Hearts are for you if:
- You are looking to boost your nutrition in a simple and easy way.
- You want to include more quality plant protein sources to your diet.
- You are looking to add a plant-based protein boost to your meals and snacks.
Kiwi Hemp Hearts are a wonderful protein source with more than 25 per cent of their total calories coming from high-quality protein. Per 30 gram serving, hemp seeds will provide you with 10 grams of plant protein which is considerably more compared to a serving of flax or chia.
Hemp seeds also contain an optimal 3:1 ratio of Omega 3, 6 and 9, including GLA. They are a great source of iron and calcium and contain a variety of other nutrients, including B vitamins, magnesium and vitamin E.
How to use Kiwi Hemp Hearts:
Hemp Hearts are an extremely versatile whole food, and you can add hemp to pretty much everything and anything, sweet or savoury.
- Top off your salads, hummus, pasta, ice cream and porridge.
- For an extra buttery avocado on toast, add hemp seeds.
- Making a smoothie? Add a few tablespoons of hemp seeds into the blender.
- Add hemp seeds into your baking, think bread, brownies and cookies.
- You can make hemp milk. All you need is water and hemp hearts.
And for days when you have no time for the above, hemp seeds are equally wonderful eaten straight out of the pack with a spoon!
How to store hemp seeds:
Once opened, re-seal entirely after each serve. Hemp seeds are best kept refrigerated to extend shelf life where they will last for up to 12 months. If you have no fridge space, store hemp seeds in your pantry at room temperature and consume within 90 days of opening.
Ingredients: Deshelled hemp seeds
Product of New Zealand